[okfn-discuss] [project proposal] OpenTest

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 17:52:02 UTC 2012

Sebastian,

Jonathan makes a very good point. I believe NC and ND licenses have their use, as do hundreds of thousands of community members, but I also believe that there are more liberal options that are more in the spirit of "open" as defined by the Open Definition.

As I mentioned to you in an earlier message, CC-BY for your web site and CC0 for the data would be appropriate CC licenses for this project. You may also consider CC-BY-SA, which, while a tad more restrictive than the other two, still conforms to the spirit of openness.

Puneet.

..