[okfn-discuss] Great job on Helsinki Festival!

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:30:29 UTC 2012

Karsten's email inspires me to chime in with what has been on my mind since Helsinki. It was a job very well done by the organizing committee. A festival (doesn't feel right calling it a conference; festival is indeed the correct term) that stands out as one of the very few in the past many years that I learned from and also enjoyed thoroughly.

As a new Creative Commons employee, and one attending OKFestival for the first time, I was so heartened at seeing what I kept on calling in mind, "My community, my tribe." It is usually fun though not challenging to hang out with those who agree with you, but this was different -- I found all the different streams I attended  both fun *and* challenging.

Oh, and please let me know who thought of hosting the event at that Aalto School of Design -- I need to buy that person a beer as recognition for a most inspired decision. The space embodied everything that the event was about, or vice versa.

Puneet.

--
Puneet Kishor