[okfn-discuss] Great job on Helsinki Festival!

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Mon Oct 8 22:43:13 UTC 2012

Puneet,

Thank you so much. Such nice words to read! I'm CC'ing my colleagues also
on the Core Organising Team - Juha, Jussi, Antti, Massimo and Petri - so
they can read this too. The venue was a collective decision amongst all of
us along with the core partners (the Open Knowledge Foundation, the Finnish
Insitute in London, and Aalto Media Factory), and we were aided by a team
of extremely talented spatial and graphic design students (also CC'd) at
the university who worked for months to make it feel like a real gathering
space.

I know everyone on the organising team will really appreciate your
enthusiasm for the event. It was an amazing project for all of us to be
involved in, the community of guest organisers were extremely inspiring,
and we were blown away by how great the atmosphere was during the week.
That positivity was really due to participants like yourself who came from
all over the world to spend a week building new things, sharing ideas and
getting to know new people.

So thank you again for your kind words, and for joining us - looking
forward to seeing you and the rest of the tribe next time.

Kat

Groups<http://okfn.org/chapters>
@ardent_coeur