[okfn-discuss] History of the Open Knowledge Foundation

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Sun Dec 1 05:10:09 UTC 2013

Hi all,

is there any place I can find the history of the Open Knowledge Foundation?
I just know Rufus was one of the co-founders (who were the others?) and
what is written here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Knowledge_Foundation

Since next year the OKF will be 10 years old, it would be great to have
such kind of information for we understand the roots of our expanding
network and celebrate it.

Maybe Rufus and Jonathan (others?), copied here, could tell us about it?

It'd be great to know who started to write the open definition and why, the
origin of CKAN, some initial ideas that were dropped out in the last 10
years, the reason someone thought it was necessary to create an
organization that promotes open knowledge in its all forms and her or his
main motivations etc.. There are a lot of other things I am sure several
people would like to know. :)

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKF Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre