[okfn-discuss] Free VoIP services

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Wed Dec 4 14:56:42 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 11:35:16AM +0000, William Waites wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 02:25:59 +0100, stef <s at ctrlc.hu> said:
>
>     > why are existing voip clients/servers not sufficient?
>
> That is a very good question. If we need video that might be a reason
> why. I am not sure that we need video -- myself I don't even have a
> camera on my computer.
>
> There are some technical details to be worked out (mostly around NAT
> traversal) but it wouldn't be difficult at all to put together a
> decent VoIP PBX/conferencing system. This is something I have done
> before and would be happy to look at.

but this is usually the case with all voip solutions, they all at least
recommend to set such up. traversing nat is always an issue whether webrtc or
voip, until we all become happy ipv6 users. "should be real soon now"

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF