[okfn-discuss] Open courseware authoring platform SlideWiki.org

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Feb 21 10:52:38 UTC 2013

Dear all,

In the last months we were working on the collaborative educational
content authoring platform http://SlideWiki.org
SlideWiki allows to create richly structured presentations comprising
slides, self-test questionnaires, illustrations etc.

SlideWiki *features* include:

* WYSIWYG slide authoring
* Logical slide and deck representation
* LaTeX/MathML integration
* Multilingual decks / semi-automatic translation in 50+ languages
* PowerPoint/HTML import
* Source code highlighting within slides
* Dynamic CSS themability and transitions
* Social networking activities
* Full revisioning and branching of slides and decks
* E-Learning with self-assessment questionnaires
* Source, citation and attribution tracking

All content in SlideWiki is licensed under CC-BY-SA. SlideWiki already
comprises a number of comprehensive course series on computer science
and Semantic Web topics, e.g.

Semantic Web: http://slidewiki.org/item/deck/750
Semantic Web Services: http://slidewiki.org/item/deck/964
Intelligent Systems: http://slidewiki.org/item/deck/1002
Information Retrieval: http://slidewiki.org/item/deck/345
Informationssysteme (German): http://slidewiki.org/item/deck/365

Please let us know if you have ideas for further content. Feel invited
to contribute to these and other lectures or create completely new
content. With SlideWiki, we hope to make educational material much more
interactive, multilingual and accessible.

More information can be found at:
* Documentation: http://slidewiki.org/documentation