[okfn-discuss] a legal framework of open (geo)data

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Sun Jul 7 19:35:50 UTC 2013

Thanks, Simone (+Carlo)-

Unfortunately I'm unable to find a version of this in English. If I
have missed something, please do let me know! If not, may I ask a
question?

Basically, is there a reason why geographic data is different from
other large-scale databases? i.e., does geographic data need licenses
that are more specific than general-purpose database-aware licenses,
such as CC 4.0 (draft) or the ODbL? Or are those licenses sufficient?

Thanks-
Luis