[okfn-discuss] a legal framework of open (geo)data

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Mon Jul 8 14:05:49 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Carlo <carlo at piana.eu> wrote:
> Luis,
>
> Actually the gist of it is that Public Sector data should be released
> under the uttermost liberal license, or better, a waiver, so we suggest
> the CC0.
>
> This is the are where we concentrated the most.

Great. (I have argued, many years ago, that a copyleft makes sense
here, but I've come to realize the boundaries are just too fluid in
the data context for copyleft to make much sense.)

> And we dealt mainly with geographic data because that was the subject of
> the research project. Personally, I believe that all data are equal, if
> it's just data.

OK, good! You never know when there are unusual requirements in a
particular area, so glad to hear that was not the case.

Thanks-
Luis