[okfn-discuss] A Free, Libre and Open Glossary

heath rezabek heath.rezabek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:14:05 UTC 2013

If FLO includes Open, then under the Open Definition, the key right is the
right to adapt the work in the future.  (Thus, I guess I must actually
prefer Open, since to me, CC BY-SA is the grail; the right to adapt is
specifically passed on, and the ability to sell the result is passed on
too.  I think both are actually important.)  NC and ND are excluded from
the Open Definition on the basis of limiting those two rights.

- h

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Gene Shackman <eval_gene at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Some FLO works are not free of charge? I didn't know that. Is that common?
> So they can cost and still be FLO?
>

> ------------------------------
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 10:26 PM PDT Chris Sakkas wrote:
>
> >Hey folks,
> >
> >I've updated: http://okfnpad.org/UEVd4jV2cB
> >
> >Including a one-page summary, more discussion about what the free in free
> >software/culture means

Heath Rezabek
Outreach & Collaborations Coordinator, Starship Congress
USA (512) 507-1101
hrezabek at icarusinterstellar.org
@starshipcongrss
 <https://twitter.com/StarshipCongrss>starshipcongress.com