[okfn-discuss] Wikimedia Foundation signs letter requesting more transparency from NSA on PRISM

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 18 21:09:12 UTC 2013

Hi Luis,

one point that I have not seen sufficiently addressed but that is
highlighted in the trust example that you linked to is whether the US
are really best suited as the one and only location for servers and
staff of the Wikimedia Foundation. Any pointers would be appreciated.

In particular - I note that you have a .is domain - I would be
interested in whether and to what extent Iceland has been considered
as a possible location, and what the reasons were not to go for it.

Thanks and cheers,

Daniel