[okfn-discuss] [OKFN-Local-Coord] Welcome to the OKF's first Local Ambassadors!

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 14 14:18:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Christian Villum <
christian.villum at okfn.org> wrote:

> Not a bad idea, Peter - I'll note that down.
> Maybe let's brainstorm on the content of such a kit? (everyone, feel free
> to add your 2 cents)

So a lot can be done by collecting the material from a hackathon at the
end. At the one 2 weeks ago Ross and Rufus went through the 5 parts of
data-journalism (e.g. story, gathering material, hacking, visualisation,
design  or something like that). Putting this down on a postcard would be
great. Similar things like how to find an run a petcha-kucha.

Chuff says It's a lot like running children's parties. Some people have a
natural flair, but others like a checklist. And there is always a need for
something for the child-who-wants-to-play-alone or is shy. Things like
PyBossa are excellent ways of breaking the ice.

P.