[okfn-discuss] AdaCamp SF - June 8 - 9

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at okfn.org
Tue Mar 19 18:43:14 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm on the advisory board for the Ada Initiative, a nonprofit that works
to increase the participation of women in open source, open technology,
open culture - and open stuff in general (OKF!). Every year we host the
largest gathering of women in open stuff in the world. This year it's in
San Francisco. I hope you'll consider joining us. Please see below:

    AdaCamp is a conference dedicated to increasing women's
    participation in open technology and culture: open source software,
    Wikipedia-related projects, open data, open geo, fan fiction, remix
    culture, and more. AdaCamp brings women together to build community,
    discuss issues women have in common across open technology and
    culture fields, and find ways to address them.

    AdaCamp San Francisco will be in San Francisco, California on
    Saturday June 8 and Sunday June 9, 2013. Visit
    http://sf.adacamp.org/ for more about the conference.

    Attendance at AdaCamp is by invitation, with applications open to
    the public. Attendees will be selected based on experience in open
    tech/culture, experience or knowledge of feminism and advocacy,
    ability to collaborate with others, and any rare or notable
    experience or background that would add to AdaCamp. Apply today at
    http://sf.adacamp.org/apply/

    Deadlines: travel assistance applications must be received by April
    12. All other applications close April 30.

--
Sarah Stierch
US OpenGLAM Coordinator, Open Knowledge Foundation