[okfn-discuss] about open access but not open access

Simone Aliprandi simone.aliprandi at gmail.com
Fri May 3 13:52:48 UTC 2013

> > It is a matter of intellectual consistency.
>
> I would welcome open access publications about non-open access
> systems, so I don't think there is any inconsistency here.

Yes, I understand... but it is not the same thing.
Openness is also a philosophy, a style of life; and it has an
important ethical component. If you write about openness, saying that
openness is "cool", that it is the right way... how can you release
your work in a non-open way?
You should use the occasion to set an example and to demonstrate that
"It – could – work!".
This is my humble point of view.

Bye, Simone