[okfn-discuss] non google non microsoft

Pierre-Carl Langlais pierrecarl.langlais at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 23:53:17 UTC 2013

Well, I agree: listing tools is merely a first step. It will not enhance
things as such.

What about publishing a blog serial on software replacement? It sounds
as a good way to answer the very pragmatic needs of organisations
(finding quickly a simple and efficient replacement to an unreliable
tool). We could address the main issues of digital management: mail,
mailing list, conf call, online collaborative tools, and the like...

If a proper replacement does not exist (that's most likely for Hangout),
the serial would still serve to identify an important lack in Free
software. Perhaps, that could work as an incentive to satisfy this
demand. Given the current state of discredit of proprietary software,
companies and institutions are somewhat likely to fund alternative free
versions.

PCL