[okfn-discuss] Free Software tools for OKFN -- please contribute

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 03:35:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Aaron Wolf <wolftune at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Debian Free Software Guidelines are actually the initial source of the
> OKFN's definition for "Open". Check it out, they barely changed anything:

Ok, I looked it over a little more, and must admit that was hyperbole.
Quite a bit is changed in the two definitions, but the derivation is
obvious (and nobody denies it either), the intermediary, for reference is
that the Debian document was used for the Open Source Definition, and
*that*was then used to build the Open Definition. Still, the
definition is
directly from the software movement.

--
Aaron Wolf