[okfn-discuss] what are the arguments against open data

Karsten Gerloff gerloff at fsfeurope.org
Tue Oct 8 09:03:18 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 03:25:30PM -0700, Gene Shackman wrote:
> Ewan Klein asked an excellent question on identifying specific demonstrations of the benefits of open data. That made me wonder about a related question: what are the arguments against open data?

In practice, the main argument I've heard against open data is
that it might harm privacy. This is usually raised by people who
are new to the field, and is for the most part easily countered.

Best regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Gerloff                      [ ]   <gerloff at fsfeurope.org>
Free Software Foundation Europe   [ ][ ][ ]      [http://fsfe.org]

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030).