[okfn-discuss] protocols of open data, business models, open data orientation, beginning to end

Gene Shackman eval_gene at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 21:27:40 UTC 2013

"The third, which I'm more concerned with, is how to support the entire life cycle of open data, from creation to preservation"

This definition would certainly encompass protocols of open data.  And how to get businesses or any other organization or person to open their data, and how to get people to think about 'open' even before they create data, and everything from beginning to end.

I'm not sure
 'business model' is the right term, because what Bob is talking about is so much more, the life cycle. I'd like to see some kind of model covering all this: planning, creating, distributing, maintaining, using, all with open in the plan.

So, before you start, what do you need to think about when planning data that's going to be open. As you gather data, what do you need to think about in making the data open. and so on.

Gene