[okfn-discuss] Open Data Workshop @ OKCon - join on-site or virtually

Christian Villum christian.villum at okfn.org
Fri Sep 13 12:43:56 UTC 2013

Dear all,

We're running a Open Data Census workshop at the Open Knowledge Conference
in Geneva on Monday, Sept 16 from 2-5pm CEST. We are hereby inviting you to
join - either in person, if you're attending OKCon - or virtually via
Google Hangout.

The workshop is a unique opportunity for the Census community and likeminds
to meet face to face (or face to screen) - and will consist of two parts:

* *First part (the first hour) will be discussing the Census and
brainstorming for the future* - how can we better assess our local open
data policies and influence our governments? How should the Census as a
tool be developed and expanded?

* *Second part we'll split up in two: Some will continue the discussions
and brainstorms for the future - while the rest will be working hands-on
with the Census and our *brand new* submission system*

We want to expand the Census and for this second part we'll link up
virtually with the rest of the community who could not attend OKCon.
Together we'll explore data and submit, review and expand! Anyone can
participate, no special skills required.

Read more about the
workshop<http://okcon.org/open-data-government-and-governance/session-d/>
and sign-up
by emailing opendatacensus at okcon.org stating if you're joining us in-person
or virtually.

(if you're attending in person, don't forget to bring your laptop for the
second part of the workshop).

-Christian Villum & Ton Zijlstra

--

Christian Villum

Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
*Empowering through Open Knowledge
*http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on

*Have you registered for OKCon 2013 <http://okcon.org/>?*