[okfn-discuss] CC 4.0: fourth (and final) license draft ready for comment

Timothy Vollmer tvol at creativecommons.org
Fri Sep 13 16:51:03 UTC 2013

Dear OKFN:

Sharing this on behalf of the CC legal team. We concluded a final review of
the CC 4.0 licenses following our Global Summit in Argentina. We have now
published draft 4 on the staging server, and associated explanatory
materials on the wiki. This will be an abbreviated discussion period,
lasting only about two weeks. If you have any final comments, we look
forward to hearing from you here or on the CC-licenses email
list<http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/cc-licenses>
.

   - Blog post <http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/39587>highlighting
   key changes and issues for comment
   - BY-NC-SA<http://staging.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode>(the
other five will be published in the next few days)
   - Comparison of d3 and d4 of BY-NC-SA
[PDF<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/images/0/02/Comparison_draft_3_to_draft_4.pdf>
   ]
   - Main d4 discussion page
<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/Draft_4>with further explanations
and links to individual issues pages with d4
   treatment

Good luck with OKCon this upcoming week.

Thank you,

Timothy