[okfn-discuss] effort to improve "open science" article on Wikipedia...

Lane Rasberry lane at bluerasberry.com
Tue Sep 17 17:59:22 UTC 2013

Excuse me, this is Thursday 19 September, not Friday as I previously
stated. It is an all day event in no particular time zone and with no
central coordination except for on Twitter with #OpenScienceWiki.
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23OpenScienceWiki&src=typd&f=realtime

There is a group meeting in Geneva at the Open Knowledge Foundation
Conference, OKCon. However, that in-person group will be congregating on
the open science article on Wikipedia, and anyone can contribute to that
article on that day.

Project details are here.
<
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Workshop/Open_Science_Workshop_%28Geneva%29

The English language open science article on Wikipedia is here.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_science>

People may be looking at related articles, like that for open access, but I
would expect discussion about these things to happen on article talk pages
with notes to direct collaborators posted on the main project page for the
one-day event in Geneva.

yours,

--
Lane Rasberry