[okfn-discuss] Joining OKF - Heather Leson

Billy Meinke billy.meinke at creativecommons.org
Mon Sep 23 16:22:38 UTC 2013

Welcome, Heather.  I make a point of dropping a line to most of the OKF
Community Managers as the org has been building.  I'm
Billy<http://creativecommons.org/staff#billymeinke>,
and I work on Education at Creative Commons.  Nice to meet you, hope to run
into you at some point!

Billy

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Heather Leson <heather.leson at okfn.org>wrote:

> HI everyone,
>
> OKCON was a blast and an awesome way to begin my journey as an
> OKF-Staffer. Fortunately, I met a number of you in person. For those I did
> not meet, we'll just have to connect online and in person.
>
> By way of introduction, I've joined the Network Team as a Community
> Manager.
>
> In the past years, I've volunteered on building community in Toronto's
> arts and tech scene (Scream in High Park, Podcamp, Toronto Girl Geek
> Dinners) as well as Mozilla, RHOK, CrisisCommons, Crisismappers, Ushahidi
> and the Standby Task Force. My previous role was the Director of
> Community at Ushahidi<http://blog.ushahidi.com/2013/09/05/thank-you-this-community-rocks/>.
> I'm passionate about global storytelling, citizen voices, excellent
> software, collaboration, localization and open everything. My background is
> in libraries and the OSI stack (Network, Application). I believe we can
> create a better world if we all lend a digital hand. This means that our
> job is to build open with packets (small and large asks) helping people
> make meaningful contributions.
>
> I can't wait to meet you, share and learn how to build with you at OKF.
>

> *How to Reach me:*
> Email : heather.leson at okfn.org
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/heatherleson>
> Personal blog <http://textontechs.com/>
> IRC  #OKF (heatherleson) | Skype heatherleson
>

> Onward,
>
> Heather

Billy Meinke
Project Assistant <http://creativecommons.org/staff#billymeinke>