[okfn-discuss] Joining OKF - Heather Leson

Nurunnaby Chowdhury nh at nhasive.com
Mon Sep 23 18:12:46 UTC 2013

Congrtz & Welcome Heather..

Nurunnaby Chowdhury
Ambassador, OKFN Bangladesh

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Billy Meinke <
billy.meinke at creativecommons.org> wrote:

> Welcome, Heather.  I make a point of dropping a line to most of the OKF
> Community Managers as the org has been building.  I'm Billy<http://creativecommons.org/staff#billymeinke>,
> and I work on Education at Creative Commons.  Nice to meet you, hope to run
> into you at some point!
>
> Billy
>

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Heather Leson <heather.leson at okfn.org>wrote:
>
>> HI everyone,
>>
>> OKCON was a blast and an awesome way to begin my journey as an
>> OKF-Staffer. Fortunately, I met a number of you in person. For those I did
>> not meet, we'll just have to connect online and in person.
>>
>> By way of introduction, I've joined the Network Team as a Community
>> Manager.
>>
>> In the past years, I've volunteered on building community in Toronto's
>> arts and tech scene (Scream in High Park, Podcamp, Toronto Girl Geek
>> Dinners) as well as Mozilla, RHOK, CrisisCommons, Crisismappers, Ushahidi
>> and the Standby Task Force. My previous role was the Director of
>> Community at Ushahidi<http://blog.ushahidi.com/2013/09/05/thank-you-this-community-rocks/>.
>> I'm passionate about global storytelling, citizen voices, excellent
>> software, collaboration, localization and open everything. My background is
>> in libraries and the OSI stack (Network, Application). I believe we can
>> create a better world if we all lend a digital hand. This means that our
>> job is to build open with packets (small and large asks) helping people
>> make meaningful contributions.
>>
>> I can't wait to meet you, share and learn how to build with you at OKF.
>>

>> *How to Reach me:*
>> Email : heather.leson at okfn.org
>> Twitter <https://twitter.com/heatherleson>
>> Personal blog <http://textontechs.com/>
>> IRC  #OKF (heatherleson) | Skype heatherleson
>>

>> Onward,
>>
>> Heather

> Billy Meinke
> Project Assistant <http://creativecommons.org/staff#billymeinke>
> Creative Commons

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Blog Editor | Prothom-Alo Blog <http://blog.prothom-alo.com>
Assignment Reporter | The Daily Prothom-Alo <http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge Network Foundation
(OKFN)<http://www.okfn.org>
Auto-confirmed, Reviewer & Roll backer Editor | Bangla
Wikipedia<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Treasurer & Coordinator (PR) | Bangladesh Open Source Network
(BdOSN)<http://www.bdosn.org>
Coordinator (PR) | Society for the Popularization of Science, Bangladesh
(SPSB) <http://www.spsb.org>*
*Central Team MOVers | Bangladesh Mathematical Olympiad Committee
(BdMO)<http://www.matholympiad.org.bd>
Facebook: fb.com/nhasive | Twitter:
@nhasive<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive>| Skype: nhasive |
www.nhasive.com