[okfn-discuss] European Patent Court - what's OKFN's opinion?

Niels Erik Kaaber Rasmussen niels at buhlrasmussen.eu
Thu Apr 3 19:55:45 UTC 2014

Hi

In Denmark a referendum on the "Unified Patent Court" is coming up (May
25th). OKFN-DK has decided not to engage in the political debate with
recommendations on how to vote. However patent rights are important in
regards to many aspects of open knowledge. So my question is: what is
your opinion on the establishment of a European Patent Court and a
"unitary patent" (pros and cons)?

On a side note we're planing a workshop on European patent data in end
of April. We're going to look at data from EPO and possible WIPO. If
anyone here on the list has any experience in looking into these data
we'd be glad to hear from you.

Best, Niels Erik
--
http://www.buhlrasmussen.eu