[okfn-discuss] Community Sessions - April Schedule

Heather Leson heather.leson at okfn.org
Thu Apr 10 19:29:37 UTC 2014

Hi Folks a few things about the April Community Sessions Schedule and
Pierre's Inquiry on the Wiki:

Upcoming Community Session - Join us next week to learn all about the
community in Brazil :
Q & A with Open Knowledge Brazil Chapter featuring Everton(Tom) Zanella
Alvarenga (April 16, 2014)

Around the world, local groups, Chapters, projects, working groups and
individuals connect to Open Knowledge. We want to share your stories.

In this Community Session, we will feature Everton (Tom) Zanella Alvarenga,
Executive Director.

Open Knowledge Foundation Brazil is a newish Chapter. Tom will share his
experiences growing a chapter and community in Brazil. We aim to connect
you to community members around the world. We will also open up the
conversation to all things Community. Share your best practices

Join us on April 16, 2014 via
G+<https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112608652597658788737/events/c1aou8u06df09uo7c0f47qpcvv0>

(Recording of this week's Mapping Session with Ketty and Ali -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX-XRH7L34Q)

*Wiki Sprint and the Upcoming OKF France General Assembly:*

Pierre and others keen to wiki. We had a great session yesterday and will
keep on doing Wiki Wednesdays.

The wiki planning page:  http://wiki.okfn.org/Wiki_upgrade_planning

Things that need help:

1. Build out a plan for how to localize the wiki.

http://wiki.okfn.org/Wiki_Localization_and_Translation

As mentioned, we are in the research stage and the content has not been
stabilized yet. If anyone wants to help add resources or build out the
project, please add your notes to the wiki.

2. Local Groups - France

This page could include details about your group. Simply use the template:

http://wiki.okfn.org/Local_Groups

3. General to do list

Try to tackle some of the questions in the General Help list

http://wiki.okfn.org/Wiki_upgrade_planning#General_.22TO_Wiki.22_list

Hope this helps. (I am away tomorrow. If you have more questions, one of my
colleagues might be able to help.)

Heather