[okfn-discuss] new brand, new website: coming up next week

Andrew Stott andrew.stott at dirdigeng.com
Sun Apr 13 17:33:23 UTC 2014

Laura

Although branding is rarely best done by committee, I am a strong +1 for
Heath's suggestion of adding the word Open to the tagline to make

"See How Open Data Can Change the World"

"See How Data Can Change the World" would also work for Google or the NSA;
for us it's surely the "Open" which distinguishes the Open Knowledge
community.

I'm also a strong +1 for Heath's suggestion of a template of "See How Open
___________ Can Change the World" - that brings in non-Data-specific
communities (eg Science) around the concept of Open which unites us.

Regards

Andrew