[okfn-discuss] Feedback and discussion around brand etc

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:10:34 UTC 2014

Looking at the wiki,

"We want to change the world and empower people through data." This looks
like the source of some of the contention. It isn't clear how that got in
there, but it is a very specific focus, and it is written in a way that is
oblivious to the parts of the community that aren't focused on data. It
would be insightful to understand how that statement got accepted as a
defining statement of the community.

P.S. I feel uncomfortable with attacking the data focus because Open Data
is indeed important and I don't mean to belittle it. It's just that being
"all about" Data is the source of much of the contention here.

--
Aaron Wolf
wolftune.com