[okfn-discuss] Question About Country Level Data

marc at publicsectorcredit.org marc at publicsectorcredit.org
Fri Feb 7 15:48:36 UTC 2014

I am working on a project that requires regular updates of eight metrics for as many countries as possible.  The metrics are:

1.       Per Capita GDP
2.       Corruption Perception Index
3.       Central Government Interest Expense to Revenue Ratio
4.       Public Debt to GDP Ratio
5.       Current Account Balance as % of GDP
6.       GDP Growth Rate
7.       Annual Change in Consumer Price Index
8.       Unemployment Rate

While I know where to get this data, I am hoping to minimize manual effort.  Can anyone suggest open data sources and technologies that would enable me to collect these metrics on a near real time basis with minimal scraping and reformatting, and to display them on a royalty-free basis?

Thanks,
Marc Joffe
Public Sector Credit Solutions
http://www.publicsectorcredit.org/ca