[okfn-discuss] Virtual or remote sessions at OKFest 2014?

Duncan Edwards D.Edwards at ids.ac.uk
Sat Feb 22 01:12:08 UTC 2014

Hi Heath,

At the Helsinki OkFest we linked up the many  of the tech hubs across Africa to host a session talking about sharing different experiences working with open data.

The session was facilitated and supported technically by Webgathering (http://www.africahubs.webgathering.net) in addition to providing the tech platform, web gathering do the live facilitation of the different locations so that participants and organisers can focus on the content. I was really impressed by how well it worked.

Contact the session organisers Sarah Johns or Tony Roberts who can tell you more.

Cheers,

Duncan Edwards
ICT Innovations Manager - Knowledge Services
Institute of Development Studies, Brighton BN1 9RE, UK
Charitable Company No. 877338
Global Knowledge for Global Change
email: d.edwards at ids.ac.uk  tel: +44 (0)1273 915797
fax: +44 (0)1273 621202