[okfn-discuss] SayIt Launch

Andy Lulham a.lulham at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 11:09:01 UTC 2014

Hi all (new to this list!),

On 23 January 2014 08:19, Michael Bauer <michael.bauer at okfn.org> wrote:
> This looks and reads fantastic! How do you do the transcription? Is it
> possible to outsource a video or audio recording and have a wide community
> write the transcripts? or is Sayit more the platform for presentation once
> transcribed?

I had the same thought, Michael!
https://twitter.com/andylolz/status/423609874220851200

A toolchain that involves a simple way to record and upload audio,
PyBossa for crowdsourced transcription, and SayIt for presentation
could be a really useful thing. I’ve spoken with some MySociety people
about using this in the context of public meetings like election
hustings.

What do you think? I’d be really interested in working on building
such a toolchain.

Best,
Andy
--