[okfn-discuss] SayIt Launch

Michael Bauer michael.bauer at okfn.org
Thu Jan 23 11:19:12 UTC 2014

Andy,

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:09:01AM +0000, Andy Lulham wrote:
> A toolchain that involves a simple way to record and upload audio,
> PyBossa for crowdsourced transcription, and SayIt for presentation
> could be a really useful thing. I’ve spoken with some MySociety people
> about using this in the context of public meetings like election
> hustings.

Doesn't necessarily have to go outside - having it in site could also help
to cross reference spoken words with written text. But I do agree
pybossa/crowdcrafting might be the way to go.

> What do you think? I’d be really interested in working on building
> such a toolchain.

If there is a clear API for uploading stuff: Why don't you give it a try.
Unfortunately, I can't dedicate time to this.

If you do: Feel free to join http://okfnlabs.org and write about it (It
will also be a place to find collaborators/get feedback etc.)

Michael
--
Data Diva | skype: mihi_tr | @mihi_tr
The Open Knowledge Foundation | School of Data