[okfn-discuss] Googles role in the open movement

John Baxter john at jsbaxter.com.au
Tue Jul 22 10:07:26 UTC 2014

I agree it is problematic... overwhelmingly the startup community
(including contemporary tech-enterprise that have grown as startups and are
still immersed in that culture) takes privately owned tech startups as
their hammer, and see all problems as nails.

I see no problem with Google or any others being involved, good on them for
it, so regards the conference in question perhaps it is not an issue (I
know little).  But any initiative that is serious needs an appropriate
vehicle - appropriately and genuinely open and transparent vehicles are
needed for the open movement.

*John Baxter*
jsbaxter.com.au <http://www.jsbaxter.com.au>
0405 447 829
@jsbaxter_ <http://twitter.com/jsbaxter_>

*note my reclamation policy means I process my inbox once daily, if that.*
*happy to hear about anything urgent via phone or Twitter*

*"Reclaiming quality of life one hack at a time"*