[okfn-discuss] OKFN and Reset the Net

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Thu Jun 5 17:51:19 UTC 2014

> And we need to figure out which we actively support *as an
> organisation* and which we don't... My sense would be that 'is there
> an open knowledge element' is the right line to draw, but that may be
> wrong if there are other non-contentious support areas...

To hear something like this from /the CEO/ of OKF whose official bio
says is "responsible for overall management and direction of the
organisation". Have you not been paying attention for the last year?
Have you not thought at all about the implications for the organisation
that you ostensibly are "responsible for"? Or have you thought about it
and decided that *as an organisation* we value our relationship with
financial backers, some of whom are some of the worst transgressors over
basic principles of human rights [1][2].

Sorry that I'm being hard on you, but as you are in a leadership
position I think you should be held to a particularly high standard and
so far all that you have said is wishy-washy bureaucrat speak.

-w

[1] https://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml#a12
[2] https://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml#a28