[okfn-discuss] OKFN and Reset the Net

martin biehl odmartin at gmx.de
Thu Jun 5 16:59:55 UTC 2014

As a fan (more than an activist) of the OKFN:

I do sympathize with the idea of sousveillance which is a kind of extreme
form of open knowledge. So if OKFN prioritizes the fight for surveillance
of government agencies (e.g. stop secret contracts, improved surveillance
of the NSA) above the fight against surveillance of the citizens, I would
understand it. On the other hand I think good government surveillance will
take longer to achieve than decent defence against government surveillance.
So if the OKFN supports reset the net I also agree with it.

For me in the end the balance between the knowledge accessible to
governments and that accessible to citizens is the most important thing.
But the OKF is not called Equal Knowledge Foundation...

Weitermachen!

Martin