[okfn-discuss] Next steps on the Open Knowledge Tagline

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 16:01:35 UTC 2014

Truly not just because it was my suggestion… I still think the best of the
lot is "Empowering people by freeing ideas"

I really don't understand why that has been excluded from the running given
that it meets 100% of the guidelines, perhaps moreso than any other option.
I had expected that if anyone didn't like it as is, that variants of it
would be proposed. The most significant feature of it: the political
message, that this *is* about freedom, people, and power. It begs the
question of each action for the organization "does this work empower the
public?" and "will this help free ideas?" That's much better than the
implications of the current tagline which might be "after we open this
[Pandora's box?], we will see what changes it brings…"

My second choice is NO tagline.

Third: Open knowledge, open data, open minds

--
Aaron Wolf
wolftune.com