[okfn-discuss] Community survey results and next steps

Heather Leson heather.leson at okfn.org
Wed Mar 19 16:41:33 UTC 2014

Happy Wednesday (or Thursday pending your timezone).

We've been digging into the community survey feedback. It has truly been
important for the team to serve you better. This post includes a summary of
what you think is important and critical for OKF. Please tell us what you
think.

*The Top 10 and some quotes from you:*
http://blog.okfn.org/2014/03/19/is-this-microphone-on-sharing-open-knowledge-feedback-part-2/

We will be sharing some ideas and next steps soon. These will need your
help to shepherd theory to reality.  As well, you asked for more
transparency, so I am flagging it out loud: A few of us have been tinkering
on the wiki to prepare. This is a total work in progress. Think of the wiki
as our closet dumped on the floor and sorting all the pieces to make it
functional.

Sidenote: I personally think that community surveys should not be just once
a year. Meaning - we should rethink the feedback loops and how we function
as a community. Believe me this is a huge opportunity. Though, we can only
get there if you teach us.

Thanks for reading,

Heather

--

Heather Leson, Community Engagement Director

Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>*, Empowering through Open
Knowledge*

IRC/skype: heatherleson  | @heatherleson <https://twitter.com/heatherleson>
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on