[okfn-discuss] New Communications Manager

Susanne OpenK susanne.kendler at okfn.org
Thu May 8 11:02:32 UTC 2014

​
Hi all,

I'm Susanne and I am Open Knowledge's new Communications Manager. I'm still
very much in listening mode to find out how I can best help communicate
what Open Knowledge does in future – but what I have already figured out is
that this is an exciting time to come to the organisation with so much
going on.

I am what I usually call an 'EU citizen of Austrian descent', Londoner, and
have lived in the UK for 14 years. My background is in corporate/UK charity
umbrellas/NGO/campaigning organisations and there is little about
communications & marketing I have not done at some point in the past, from
more traditional comms, policy stuff to all things digital and social. In
my spare time I also campaign around citizenship and voting rights, so if
you come across me on twitter, that explains half of it.

Couple weeks into my life with Open Knowledge I know I've still only seen
the tip of the iceberg of all the fantastic work being done and cool
projects happening in the network. So looking forward to meeting more Open
Knowledge staff and community members, learning more, and hopefully
applying my comms skills in a meaningful way to help the organisation and
community develop in future.

Looking forward to working with you all,

Susanne

​--

Susanne Kendler

Communications Manager

skype: susannekendler

Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/>

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |
Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>   <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.