[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge tagline

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Thu May 8 11:08:14 UTC 2014

*Hi everyone, It’s been great to see the discussion about taglines here on
list and in the recent calls. There’s not been a clear consensus on a good
alternative tagline yet, so we’re going to be using the following for now:
Open Knowledge: see how data can change the worldWe’d like to continue
seeking a better alternative though! There’s some notes on what a tagline
needs to do, and a list of alternative ideas, plus suggestions for how
groups could customise some taglines for their own activity on the wiki:
http://wiki.okfn.org/About_the_Open_Knowledge_brand/tagline_discussion
<http://wiki.okfn.org/About_the_Open_Knowledge_brand/tagline_discussion>
Please do add your ideas and thoughts there, as well as discussing on
list.It would be great to see some further exploration of the options
there, and to gather other new ideas for the tagline too. In a few weeks,
when everyone’s had a bit more time to reflect, we’ll come back to the list
on the wiki and work out a shortlist.Things to think about: - Is this a
good description of what we do and what we want to achieve?- Is this
compelling and catchy?- would it be clear and catchy on a poster or
sticker?- would you wear it on a T shirt?- Is this understandable and
compelling to someone who does not know about “open”?- Is this short
enough?Thanks for all the ideas so far,Laura*