[okfn-discuss] Inviting comments/suggestions for a new project: Involvement Showcase for people around Open Knowledge network

kshitiz khanal khanal1990 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 04:57:58 UTC 2014

Dear Neal and Ewan,

I completely agree with you. Having more people make profile and make them
detailed is a great way to showcase involvement.

This project hopes to increase involvement in OK network by encouraging and
hopefully inspiring. One way to do that is by having more people use
detailed profiles.

We want to try different other ways with the objective of increasing
involvement. While a profile page details involvement of a member, there is
need for a system that showcases the inspiring ones and puts into
perspective for a user different ways to get involved than the ways they
are used.

This project hopes to create that type of system.

Say, I want to see how many people over the network are involved in
election data visualization, and I also want to see the different ways they
do it. It's impossible to scan all profile pages for that.

My initial post might have been misleading, making you think this is just
another version of user profiles.

The idea similar to profile pages seemed like an obvious place to start.
In this thread, I also want to invite suggestions for other ways we can go
to fulfill the objective.

I apologize for not being lucid enough previously.

Regards,

Kshitiz Khanal