[okfn-discuss] Inviting comments/suggestions for a new project: Involvement Showcase for people around Open Knowledge network

Kersti Wissenbach krwissenbach at gmail.com
Sun May 11 08:22:58 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I think this is a great idea. When I started as ambassador in the
Netherlands we initially had the idea to create some sort of mapping system
for people (also from different domains) to see what others are working on
and how, and potentially make use of it for their own purposes. At least
here I came across developments from people in certain open domains which
could be perfectly applied (maybe adjusted) for work in other domains.
Encouraging also those cross-domain learning exchange and mutual support
would be wonderful.
I am not sure how feasible it is but it would be great to have something
like a map with different categories (rather purpose oriented) where people
can share their works. It could be crowdsourced yet based on certain
categories to fill in and tag... just a start of thought. In that way
people could search by certain 'categories' but also directly see what is
going on where and find potential support in their direct surrounding if
needed.
Just a start of thought..

Best greetings to all,
Kersti

*Kersti Ruth Wissenbach*
campaign strategies | program coordination | research

*Freedom of Expression & Information | Open Development **| ICT4C *

NL ambassador Open Knowledge Foundation

Mobile +31 (0)634193966
Skype kersti.wissenbach
@kerstiru