[okfn-discuss] User Stories for Open Knowledge Directory

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri Oct 17 15:04:24 UTC 2014

Hi All

Following on from talks about meta-community on IRC+pad yesterday [1], an
idea on the Open Knowledge Trello board for a directory of community
members [2] has been looking at the open steps platform [3], which is
trialling portable linked profiles [4, see 5 for background].

As community members and coordinators, do you think this is a good idea,
how would you use such a directory and what functionality would you like to
see? Filtering by location, organisation and skills/interests is currently
possible and there are several features planned e.g. support for listing
events.

Please add your user stories to the Trello card along with any comments on
the suitability of this tool for what you feel we need as a community,
either overall or within working/local groups. See [7] for info on
contributing to Trello or I'm happy to copy over replies to this email if
preferred.

Thanks very much!

Jenny

[1]  https://pad.riseup.net/p/ok-meta-community
[2]
https://trello.com/c/VTOQqydB/12-create-a-phone-book-directory-with-active-okf-community-members-around-the-world
[3] http://directory.open-steps.org /
https://github.com/acorbi/ok-directory-public
[4] https://github.com/hackers4peace/plp-docs
[5]
http://www.slideshare.net/alexwhitcroft/oddp-oui-share-fest-presentation-laid-out-export
[6] https://github.com/acorbi/ok-directory-public
[7] AFAIK, anyone with a Trello account can comment or vote on a card
without being a member of the board but you will need to be a member to
directly edit the description, which is where the user stories currently
are. Add a comment on [2] and optionally indicate if you'd like to be added
to the board so you can track activity more easily and edit other sections.
Fingers crossed I've understood this correctly!