[okfn-discuss] User Stories for Open Knowledge Directory

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:19:00 UTC 2014

I have many stories, but the one that got me to understand why
"non-commercial" clauses are bad for Open Knowledge is discussed here:
http://blog.wolftune.com/2011/07/brain-parts-song-video.html

I want to add a meta-comment: My impressions of Trello are that it is a
superb tool, so I don't want to blame people for using it. But I want to
insist that *every single* mention of Trello or any other proprietary tool
on the Open Knowledge lists be accompanied by an apology. Our ideal is to
use only Open tools, and I'm not being dogmatic and insisting we do all or
nothing, I'm just insisting that all feel obliged to apologize and
acknowledge every time we use proprietary tools.

Best,
Aaron

--
Aaron Wolf