[okfn-discuss] Global Open Data Index 2014: Final week of the submissions sprint

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Oct 24 12:02:29 UTC 2014

Hi All,

We are now on the home run for the Global Open Data Index 2014
<http://global.census.okfn.org/>.

*Final Submissions*

Submissions close next week (deadline* October 30*) so please help us make
sure your country is represented in the Global Open Data Index 2014.

After this date, it won't be possible to make further submissions and our
reviewing process will begin ahead of the final publication of the Index.

We’ve extended the country-list year so we need your help more than ever in
the final week!  If your country already has data for 2013, it's incredibly
easy to revise and update the data for 2014.

Here are a few countries we need particular help with (please note that we
welcome contributions on any country but these are some where assistance is
especially valued due to sparse coverage at the moment):

*Europe* – Armenia, Croatia, Hungary, Ukraine, Slovenia, Norway, Finland,
Denmark, Sweden, Portugal, Poland

*Americas* – Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Brazil, USA

*Asia/Pacific* – South Korea, Taiwan, India, Mongolia, New Zealand,
Australia

*Africa* – Sierra Leone, Mali, Malawi, Mozambique

Thank you so much to all of the people who have already made their
submissions for 2014.

*Reviewing*

All submissions need to be reviewed to ensure good accuracy and quality.

*If you are interested in reviewing either for your country or region,
please sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/forms/d/1WUwIiGRPpV3dw7MsUWVisaBZbKRSOQ2IXmgRt_cBW9E/viewform>.*

*Submission Close-out Hangout*

I’ll be chatting to Mor Rubinstein about the Index on 30 October at 2pm BST
(London) / 9am EDT / 3pm Europe as part of the *final submission closing
day*. Discussing how the Index provides governments and civil society with
the means to track and advocate for open data.

*Join us in the google hangout here
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c7ul67ch37siq8trdia1hf3li78>.*

The Global Madness Day marks the last day of our sprints – and your last
opportunity to make sure your country appears in the Global Open Data Index
2014!

See our Twitter feed *#*openindex14 for updates about activities we have
planned throughout the day and please forward this email to relevant lists
and individuals!

See you there!