[okfn-discuss] [od-discuss] Open Definition 2.0?

William Waites ww at styx.org
Tue Oct 7 17:45:26 UTC 2014

It would be nice to have the history available in a reasonably obvious
way on the opendefinition.org page. Either with links to the previous
version, and possibly the ability to see diffs (which should be easy
since this is made with git from what I understand).

Also stable URIs for the different version. So

  http://opendefinition.org/od should redirect to
  http://opendefinition.org/od/2.0

and the previous ones remain available at

  http://opendefinition.org/od/XXX

Also it would be a good thing to have both redirect to https and use
that as the protocol in the canonical (with version) identifier.

I say all this because as an interested observer, I'd like to know
what has changed, and it isn't at all easy to find out without
trawling through mail archives and git repositories.

Best,
-w