[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Festival 2015 - Location Thoughts

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Wed Oct 8 16:56:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:35:15 +0100, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> said:

    > Also and thoughts on the *specific criteria* by which we should
    > evaluate location options?

In addition to the venue itself:

  - A place with a humane immigration apparatus so as to allow people
    wishing to attend to do so with as little barrier as possible and
    that treats them with resepect as they cross borders.

  - Also a place where good food and decent accommodation is available
    at as low a cost as possible.

In my opinion the first criterion could well do with being extended
beyond those attending and meetings should not be scheduled in places
with generally discriminatory immigration policies. Sadly that means
most of Europe, but if it must be Europe we can pick the best of a bad
lot.

-w