[okfn-discuss] GNU GPL non-conformant with Open Definition?

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:21:28 UTC 2014

Yes, commits and such were done on the (non-Open!) Github website:
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/

And the (Open!) mailman discussion list:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/ the thread you want is:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2014-July/000905.html
There, Herb asks "why these new clauses" and the answer "we're not adding
extra rigor, we're just explicitly stating that stuff that the GPL does is
ok"

Cheers,
Aaron

--