[okfn-discuss] GNU GPL non-conformant with Open Definition?

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Mon Oct 13 16:13:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 08:46:24AM -0700, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> It is a known fact that the point behind the OD text was to *include* the
> GPL, so the fact that the text seems problematic is *absolutely* an issue
> of being out of line with the intention. There is no question about this.
> There is no need to check about whether there's some special intention
> behind the particular wording. *Nobody* who worked on the OD *intended* to
> exclude the GPL's requirement that unmodified redistributions include the
> modifiable source.

maybe so. but for me it's unclear: 1/ who the authors are, 2/ what their
reasoning behind each change is. 3/ confirmation that this is indeed a bug,
and the authors will fix it.

i guess the idea of bundesgit applied to self would make a lot of sense, in
regards of answering 1/ and 2/ (from reasonable commit messages). possibly
also answering /3.

is there a gitrepo of the OD where this is tracked? and i just missed this?

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt