[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Festival 2015 - Location Thoughts

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Tue Oct 14 10:24:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:39:19 +1000, Anna Daniel <a.daniel at griffith.edu.au> said:

    > fyi visa requirements per country:
    > http://www.projectvisa.com/fullcountrylist.asp

I have half a mind to scrape those web pages to make a queriable
database... In fact this whole question smells like a possibly
nonlinear optimisation problem... If we can get a good list of
criteria like Rufus is asking for, it might be an interesting exercise
(or at least thought experiment) to use what data we can get and ask
the computer to tell us the best place...

Brazil does seem to have a "we'll treat you the same way you treat us"
policy which at least is fair...

Svalbard apparently has no immigration control at all but it's hard to
get there...

-w