[okfn-discuss] A Free, Libre and Open Glossary - converting to XML

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 15:28:27 UTC 2014

Great work, Chris!

I actually have some textual feedback I missed last time:

"What FLO isn't:

> Some works are free to share and adapt, but not for commercial purposes.
> Others are free to share, but only verbatim. These works are not FLO,
> because they are too restrictive.
>
> Some works have their source code available, but normal copyright
> restrictions apply to modifications or re-uses of that code. These works
> are not FLO."

It reads a little funny to say "flo isn't… some works are"

I suggest:

"Works that are free to share and adapt but not for commercial purposes or
that are free to share but only verbatim are * not* FLO. Works that have
their source code available but where rights to share, modify, or freely
use the source remain reserved under normal copyright restrictions are also
*not* FLO. Such limitations are too restrictive to fit the FLO definition."

It doesn't have to be those wordings exactly. It's just important, I think,
to make the "not FLO" part be included in the sentences. I don't like
seeing stand-alone sentences that just say "some works have commercial
restrictions." with a separate sentence needed to later mention that those
are not FLO.

Cheers,

Aaron

--