[okfn-discuss] torrents for sharing datasets

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Wed Apr 15 15:11:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 01:23:30PM +0200, Jan Gondol wrote:
> Stef, it seems that the company working on the data.gov.sk redesign
> (Microcomp) has already released some code (CKAN extension for torrent
> publishing): https://github.com/microcomp/ckanext-torrent -- I haven't
> tested it though, feel free to play.

sounds great! will this be committed upstream? i like the idea of ckan doing
torrents. myself, i have only a dozen or so datasets, makes little sense to
setup a ckan for only those, there's existing ones. the eu opendata portal,
for example would be a nice place to list our datasets i guess. would that be
possible?

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt