[okfn-discuss] Discuss with us - The Open Knowledge Community Identity

Kersti Wissenbach krwissenbach at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:14:58 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I would love to invite you to join our next community call. This session
will be part of my broader research on transnational activism and community
building across borders.

You can find more information and have further options to engage on the
topic in our newly created OK forum section here:

http://discuss.okfn.org/t/open-knowledge-community-identity/193

*Your input counts! *So please join us in the hangout, leave your thoughts
in the forum and spread the word widely! Looking forward to chat with many
of you!!

Community Session Hangout: Discussion of the Open Knowledge community
identity

February 19, 2015

How do Open Knowledge members (local groups etc.) around the globe identify
with the OK community, do we have a shared sense of belonging and identity
at all and what is it triggered by? And what does that imply for OK on its
way to a global ... movement, network, or other organizational construct?

The aim of this community session is to shed light on those questions and
to explore if the Open Knowledge community identifies itself differently in
relation to each other (e.g. all us activist individuals among ourselves
and also in relation to other activist groups / non OK 'branded') and in
relation to Open Knowledge International.

Those explorations are part of a broader interest in shifting dynamics of
socio-political activism from the perspective of civic motivations to
engage across national borders.

The session will be directed by Kersti Wissenbach from Open Knowledge
Netherlands, supported by Christian and Katelyn from Open Knowledge
International."

*Kersti Ruth Wissenbach*
campaign strategies | program coordination | research

*Freedom of Expression & Information | Open Development **| ICT4C *

NL ambassador Open Knowledge Foundation

Mobile +31 (0)634193966
Skype kersti.wissenbach
@kerstiru